Monday, February 6, 2012

Producer C4: Dirty Deeds



C4 and I got it in over the weekend (on IM chat) prior to the Superbowl.  He picked Montreal, I picked New York-go figure I had a good chance since Montreal wasn't in it...but he didn't need to know that...

Legion: Why did you move from Montreal? 
And why to Toronto?

C4: Moved from Montreal to open a music production company and to get closer to the States.  Toronto's really the hub for entertainment in Canada and Toronto could use a little bit of Montreal flavor anyways.  And I had been working on placements for a bit and when I started getting more work here than in my hometown, the move made sense.
                                        

Legion: How do you normally hook up or meet artist that are interested in your beats?


C4: Usually I get a facebook message like: " Yo, dis C4?"
 "Your beats are crazy man I'm gonna get signed next week and I was thinking you should send me some beats"


Legion: Lol so Facebook is your main medium?


C4: Facebook is definitely not my medium. I'm just laughing at how people approach me on this


Legion: Ok, so how do peeps usually get at you?


C4: Usually through e-mail to my management by reaching c4@imyourproducer.com or by using an agency.

Legion: What method has been most successful for you?


C4: e-mail

Legion: When was the last time you smashed some beatmakers @ a beat battle?
 and what’s it like to see their reaction when your beat drops?


C4: Aaah, I love beat battles but I haven't done one since I won in Montréal and New York. It's honestly like the exact moment you enter the ‘vagin’


Legion: New York? Gotta link to that battle? and lolz @ ‘vagin’ :-D


C4: Unfortunately not, the room was super dark


Legion: The ‘vagin’ or NY battle?  (Dirty Deeds)


C4: HAHAHA  The NY battle

Legion: Speaking of smashing, do you have an opinion on young drivers? ;-)


C4: They shouldn't crash into my backyard, and they should get insured otherwise they'll be paying me out of pocket again.


Legion: :-D :-D :-O :-D Is it possible they heard about your production and wanted to get your attention?



C4: No probably not, unless they are really retarded

Legion: Brb… (few mins later) Ok (it) was acting funny-updating angry birds lol...  DC or Marvel comics?


C4: DC


Legion: Wow! U surprised me on that 1, DC, really? I don’t know if we can be fb friends after that response…


C4: Truth is I don't read comics, so the answer would probably be "dwell" luxury interior design mag.

Legion: Hmmm.  I thought I saw you on Tv a few years back…

C4: Maybe taco bell- money in my pocketz, where I played a rapper in the commercial?


Legion: I understand that music is your full time job, what is your agency/employer got you doing these days?

C4: Music is my full time job, pays my mortgage. I’m the founder of Apollo Studios Toronto, so I'm a partner in the company and the creative director


Legion: What is the main business of the company?

C4: Music and post Production (google for more info)


Legion: How did you end up working on that Much Music commercial (the nations music station)?


C4: Well I had release a first promo for the Dirty Deeds album and I guess they saw it  and I got an e-mail asking for us to license the footage and the music for the return of Electric Circus.

Legion: Nice, what artist/producers have the pleasure of workin’ on your project?


C4: First off, like the status if you want to see some dirty deeds shit on Monday


Legion: Can’t see status-ill peep it on fb later-u buying any fb shares?

C4: what's that?

Legion: They going public..

C4: Then yes

Legion: What is the concept/idea behind this project, in your own words (en francé, oui oui)

C4: The name of the project is Dirty Deeds and the album is called Let's Be Friends.  It's just a project I’ve had the ability to have a lot of fun with work with really creative people and build my own sound.

Legion: What folk, on this project?

C4:  Right now, Choclair, D-Sisive, and Saukrates make guest appearances… most of the vocals are myself  and all original production.



Legion: Why “Dirty Deeds"? Was the room that dark? -)


C4: I don't get it


Legion: Toronto humour lol


C4: :) Because these beats are filthy!

Part 2, Next week includes, Corporate meets Dirty, House burns down, Montreal vs. Toronto and the uncensored Lets Be Friends vid... maybe

No comments:

Bringing back times

Classic Hip Hop Productions

Producer's Edition: Legion of Beats Media Channel